If you’re living in a region with strong winds and frequent rains, you know that these weather conditions have a strong impact on your property. In these regions, soil erosion is a huge problem. It makes it difficult to maintain appealing landscaping, it can weaken the foundation of the house, and much more.
If this is the case, you might have to consider a block retaining wall. It is simply a concrete or stone structure built onto your property to keep hardscaping, rocks, soil, and other features in the right place.
Usually, block retaining walls are installed in areas where your landscape requires additional support. Today, we’re going to share with you several reasons why you should consider installing a retaining block wall with the help of a block wall Phoenix contractor.
Creates More Usable Space
You will be restricted in utilizing them as is if your property contains a lot of hilly areas or steep slopes. However, you can improve the usability of your land with the help of block retaining walls.
- Block retaining walls can help you create terraced spaces for flowers and plants
- You can carve out spaces for a lot of features such as walkways, gardens, outdoor seating, patios, and more.
Limits Damage to Neighboring Houses
Soil erosion might not affect just you; it might affect your neighbors too. You might be legally accountable for damages your tenants, clients, or neighbors incur if you’ve got a slop on your property. This is particularly true if that sloped area collapses into their property or lawn.
Keep in mind that:
- A couple of towns collect huge charges against property owners who do not maintain their space properly.
- You can be held accountable for injuries that happen on your property.
To make things simple, a block retaining wall can help avoid issues that can result in legal responsibilities. Thus, you should invest in them.
Stop the Risk of Flood
If you’re living in a region where it frequently experiences stormy weather, you probably experience constant flooding. Of course, you need to do your best to avoid it from happening.
Luckily, a block retaining wall can help by:
- Stopping rainwater from pooling on your property’s low spot
- Directing the flow of rainwater away from your house
- Offering a barrier that prevents flood
Prevents Soil Erosion
There is a risk of soil erosion if your house is at the bottom or top of the hill. Usually, erosion happens due to constant wind and rain.
Of course, erosion is a major issue. If left ignored, it can result in:
- The deterioration of the structural integrity of your property
- Blockage in the drainage systems
- Moisture damage
- Movement of rocks and soil in areas where they damage your landscape
- Messy landslides and mudslides
If you do not want these things to happen to you, you should consider installing a block retaining wall. This feature will help fight erosion by keeping the soil in place. It will also block the unnecessary movement of the soil.